We have the means, structure and experience to offer emergency solutions in case of:
Collection of floating solids and hydrocarbons
In this case, the situation may stem from an oil spill, to which a rapid response is needed to protect the shoreline and clean up the waters along the coast.
Different measures can be taken according to the degree of the problem, the main one being to take a containment action, trying to keep in one area the presence of oil floating debris, using barriers that prevent its spread throughout the rest of the area.
Once this is done, the next step is to recover as much of the hydrocarbon remains as possible, using mechanical means and cleaning the area.
Collection of pollution from spills (oil spills, fuel leaks, etc.)
In this sense, according to the severity of the problem, different phases are used to first limit the spread of the fuel and then implement an action to eliminate the greatest amount of pollutants in the water.
The phases to be taken in case of these:
- Containment of the spill using marine containment booms.
- Mechanical collection of fuel using devices known as skimmers.
- Temporary storage using tanks that allow transportation and removal from ports.
- Definitive storage, the fuel or hydrocarbon, in case it cannot be used, is sent to an authorized company to manage the waste in a safe manner.
- Exhaustive cleaning, this phase consists of using manual or chemical techniques permitted in the country’s waters to remove the rest of the pollutant.
Supply and installation of containment barriers and absorbents
This situation is a crucial moment in the clean-up stage. It consists of implementing containment and/or absorption barriers which are detached to prevent the advance along the area and promote its collection.
At Ecolmare we have the most advanced containment and/or absorption booms, to collect hydrocarbons and fuels at sea, when the use of other booms is dangerous, due to the potential danger of working with flammable substances.
These barriers are formed by air chambers, which allow the barrier to float, contributing to the correct pressure management, in order to install it without becoming a dangerous situation.
The work of collecting this type of hazardous substances involves a high level of experience, so rest assured that with Ecolmare you will have the best experts to take action in the face of these environmental contingencies.